Donate to the PNS Sack Lunch Mission Here.
Donated Items Since March 2020...
Winter Storm Update...
During the week of the winter storm, the Presbyterian Night Shelter lost power and water. Volunteers at SSPC delivered our inventory of sandwiches, chips, granola bars, apple sauce, cookies and oranges to fulfill an immediate need for lunches. Our donation was large enough to provide ~1,000 meals.
We were also able to provide the Women’s Shelter with nine hygiene boxes and 11 cases of wipes.
In addition, SSPC loaned PNS a generator, electrical cords and portable lights to assist during their power outage.
Sign-Up to Help Here
PNS Sack Lunch Mission...
Starting March 9th
There will be a box outside the office where donations can be placed, in lieu of the drive-thru.
The PNS continues to need:
- hygiene kits
- twin sheets
- adult coats
- sweaters and sweatshirts
- winter hats, gloves and scarves
Starting March 16th
Starting March 16th, SSPC will move to providing lunches on a monthly basis. A Sign-Up Genius page has been created for those who would like to volunteer. Please see below for specific safety protocols below for handling food.
St. Stephen prepares 350 sack lunches for delivery to Fort Worth’s Presbyterian Night Shelter every third Tuesday of each month. The sign-up below is for specific volunteer opportunities related to the Tuesday, March 16 delivery of sack lunches.
If you have questions, please contact Mike Tyson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matt Loynachan (email@example.com)
Due to the pandemic, we have to be very careful when preparing food. Please click the button below for details.
Be sure to print and sign these documents when turning in food. And follow the directions for each very carefully.
The generosity of St. Stephen members and friends continues to make this possible through:
• Designated cash contributions to cover the cost of approximately $1.65 per sack lunch,
• Donations of jam, cookies, granola bars, chips and other product items included in the lunches,
• The time donated each week by our team of 20+ who make PB&J sandwiches and our team of 8+ who assemble the lunches on Tuesday mornings and deliver them to PNS.
We initially committed to deliver 500 breakfast bags each week during July and August, in lieu of our usual summer hosting of Room in the Inn, which was cancelled because of COVID-19. St. Stephen has recently committed to continue weekly delivery of 500 sack lunches through March 2021.
These sack lunches & breakfast bags provide meals for guests of the night shelters, day shelter and women and children’s center, as well as for workers in PNS’ employment program. PNS’ need for meals has increased because of the reassignment of staff, discontinuation of some volunteer participation and social distancing requirements resulting from COVID-19 concerns.
With heightened sanitation concerns, social distancing and shelter-at-home requirements, volunteer opportunities are necessarily limited. However, we continue to welcome your participation by donating the following items used to prepare the sack lunches and breakfast bags, or to otherwise help PNS serve its guests:
- Peanut butter, any size jam, any flavor (32 oz or larger, store-bought, not homemade)
- Granola/ trail mix bars, any variety (left in the original packaging, unopened, as purchased in-store)
- Cookies (e.g., Nabisco, Keebler, etc., not homemade— left in the original packaging, unopened, as purchased in-store)
- Potato chips (or Doritos, Cheetos or similar) in individual serving packages of approximately 1 ounce.
- Twin fitted sheets (new or clean/ gently used)
- Bath towels (new or clean/ gently used)
- Men’s clothing: shirts all sizes (t-shirts, sweatshirts, others which are easily laundered), pants or jeans (sizes 28, 30, 32, 34)
NOTE: We do NOT want anyone to put themselves in additional or unnecessary exposure to acquire and donate any of these items. Please only purchase items when you are doing your own shopping while wearing a mask and maintaining safe social distancing, or via online shopping and delivery. We will be collecting donations every Tuesday from 1:00 to 1:30 p.m., in the church parking lot from the passenger side of your vehicle.
Alternatively, you can make a monetary donation to help cover the costs of these meals, which is approximately $1.65 per lunch (about $800 each week). Your donation should be designated for PNS Meals, and can be made online via the St. Stephen website.
Donations can also be made directly to PNS to help them cover their added costs incurred during the COVID-19 crisis.
Many thanks for your support of PNS and our mission projects that support t