St. Stephen Presbyterian Church Day School Director, Fort Worth, Texas
Date Posted: 9/10/2019
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs-Other
Denomination: Presbyterian Church USA
Church Size: 250-500
Day School: 2 day/week program with 11 teachers caring for children ranging from infants to Pre-Kindergarten.
Job Type: Part time position working 65-75 days per year. (2 days/week during academic year, 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM)
Reports to: Director of Christian Education
Oversee and guide the daily operations of the School within the context of the mission as set by Church leadership and the best practices of early childhood development. Provide leadership and encouragement to the School’s staff. Promote a loving, nurturing and intentionally inclusive Christian community. Work with the Church leadership to ensure that children entrusted to St. Stephen Presbyterian Church Day School will receive preparatory education in a loving, safe and positive Christian learning environment. Periodically advise Church governing board on School status.
- Oversee and guide the day-to-day operations of the School in order to deliver early childhood education in line with the mission of St. Stephen Presbyterian Church and best practices for early childhood development.
- Assess and develop School curriculum consistent with TX regulations and The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) established standards.
- Cultivate and ensure a Christian, loving, inclusive and safe environment for the children of the School.
- Promote an environment of continuous learning by identifying the training and developmental needs of School staff.
- Develop and manage budgets to ensure the most effective use of financial resources in order to maintain daily operations of the School and support the implementation of identified projects and initiatives including attending and supporting fundraising events.
- Create systems of communication that will facilitate an ongoing dialogue between the School and School families.
- Initiate opportunities for collaboration between Church staff and School staff to create and share activities and events.
- Build relationships within the community and maintain a visible presence to promote an awareness of the School and its mission.
- Coordinate facility usage between Church and School staff.
- Make recommendations to Director of Christian Education and Day School Board for personnel staffing needs of the School
- Attend School oversight meetings (after-hours meetings will include provisions for child care).
- Help develop and maintain an outdoor learning environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in childhood development or functional equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated successful experience in Early Childhood Education as a director or classroom teacher.
- Proficient with personal computer and software, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel), various social media outlets and alternative payment methods (Paypal, Venmo).
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms, including social media.
- A willingness to learn and to adhere to the policies, procedures and theology of the PCUSA and St. Stephen Presbyterian Church (Respect and recognize that St. Stephen is an intentionally inclusive community of believers).
- An obvious love of children and the personality to build relationships with children and their parents.
- Background check and drug testing required.
No phone calls please.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.